Oscraps

October Art Journal Challenge #3 - Change of Seasons: A Time for Reflection

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I don't know if y'all realize it but we are coming up on the end of the year. I am not sure how it's going to be 2024 already. Am I the only who feels like 2023 has moved so fast and so slow at the same time?

For this week's challenge, I don't have a mood board or a lot of quotes. But I do have one important quote.

UnexaminedLife.jpg
(The unexamined life is not worth living. -Socrates. For those using a translator)
For this week's art journal challenge, we are going to do a bit of personal reflection. For those of you looking for some direction on exactly what that means, here is some information from the Reflection App website.

"Self reflection is taking the time to think about, meditate on, evaluate, and give serious thought to your behaviors, thoughts, attitudes, motivations, and desires. It’s the process of diving deep into your thoughts and emotions and motivations and determining the great, “Why?” behind them."

Here are a few journaling prompts to help get you started.

• Write down three things you are thankful for
  • What is one habit you'd like to stop? To start?
  • What is meaningful to you?
  • What's your most critical need?
  • How would you like to feel in 2024?
  • What are your top three priorities?
  • What are your top three goals?
  • What are six things you want to try, learn, explore?
  • Describe yourself in one word. In five words. In a dozen words.
  • What gives you the most fulfillment in life?
  • What do you love most about your life right now? What would you like to change?
  • What are your fears? How can you overcome them?
  • What challenges have you overcome?
  • How can you live your best life?
  • What makes you happiest?
  • How are you feeling right now?
  • What makes you feel calm?
  • How you do you handle a bad day?
  • What does growing older mean to you?
  • What do you wish others knew about you.
  • Describe your dream life.
You do not have to use any of these prompts. After all this is your time for self reflection. But if you need a jump start, hopefully these will help. Feel free to hide your journaling. Just tell us what you did to disguise it.

Here is my page.

Reflect800.jpg

Remember, for the art journaling challenges you can create any style of page. You get to decide what art journaling means to you. It can be a traditionally artsy page, clean and simple, pocket style, junk journal or something else. That is up to you. This would be a great challenge for including a photo of yourself on the page.

Everyone who participates in any of this month's challenges will be entered into a drawing for a $5 gift certificate to Oscraps. You can receive up to four entries into this month's drawing. Remember, you have all month to complete any or all of this month's challenges.

Challenge Rules:
  1. You have until 11:59 p.m. ET on October 31, 2023 to complete your pages for this challenge.​
  2. To qualify for the drawing, you need to use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store (non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not).​
  3. You need to credit all the products used on your page.​
  4. You cannot use a page you create for this challenge for another Oscraps challenge.​
  5. Upload your page to the Art Journal Gallery and then add your layout to the challenge thread. (Below you will find instructions on adding your page to this thread.)​

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
  1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).​
  2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.​
  3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.​

Last edited:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Thanks for the challenge, Cindy. Your prompts were all wonderful and I did take away a few of them. At the end of the day, I created a page about the way I'm feeling right now - very overwhelmed and mentally exhausted. It did me good to get my feelings on a page.